Wednesday, January 28, 2009

UbD - Chapter 3 - Decribing Intelligence in Students

This chapter was interesting...in a weird way. I definitely agreed with the author when stated that looking at a student when they’re misbehaving is a good indication of their suppressed intelligence. Going along with misbehaving, I am starting to think that students don’t really misbehave, they are only expressing unused energy that could be spent actually learning in school! If you went by traditional guidelines for misbehavior, I would have detention in every one of my college classes. So, that part I really enjoyed and could relate to. On the other hand, I got a little creeped out when the author suggested taking pictures, video, and audio of the students to keep in a folder that could be used for years to come. I think it’s great that as teachers we’re keeping notes on our student’s learning styles, but I don’t think we need all that media for middle and high school students.

No comments:

Post a Comment