Wednesday, March 11, 2009
UbD - Chapter 6 - Responsive Teaching with UbD in Academically Diverse Classrooms
I agree with this chapter when it states that information needs to be uncovered and not coverage, as you would find in a traditional classroom. The balance between what students can learn without help, and what should be explained to them, is quite delicate. I think it differs from class to class, and even from student to student, but as teachers we should always be looking for ways to allow our students to think for themselves because that is the only way they will feel a sense of accomplishment and security that they’re on the right track. When I was at Mt. Blue, my mentor’s instruction differed from class to class based on his student’s previous comprehension. In my own class, I’d like to utilize as many constructive methods, as opposed to direct methods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment