Thursday, March 5, 2009

FIAE - Chapter 6 - Creating Good Test Questions

I haven’t even finished the second page of this chapter, and I can already tell I’m going to agree with everything it says. How many times have I, as a student, wondered why teachers feel the need to confuse their students with ridiculously complicated and confusing multiple choice questions. Then again, tests aren’t for the students’ benefit, they’re for the teachers’. Their suggestions on the multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions are helpful, and the double recording of test responses, at first, seemed monotonous and just silly, but I would make it an option for students in my own classroom if they’re interested in knowing how they did immediately. Negatives are horrible. I think timed performance is unnecessary, and personally believe that Mt. Blue’s choice, to extend their deadlines for homework and such, is completely valid under certain circumstances and with responsible teachers that really care about their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment